First Place OPTIONS is a non-profit organization that has been in existence since 1992. We support women and men who are facing an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy. We specialize in decision aid support and provide our clients with accurate and up-to-date information and education about their options so that they can make informed decision. As a volunteer you may be interested in:
- Investing your time as a volunteer peer-support counselor
- Investing your time in areas of administration
- Investing your time in fundraising events
As a team we work together towards a common goal, and every person significantly contributes to that goal regardless of what role we choose to be in. Volunteering is a gift and it is something that everyone can do. Thank you for choosing First Place!
We are committed to building a strong, dynamic team of volunteers for First Place OPTIONS. We are looking for caring, committed people willing to offer their time, talents and strengths to help us further our goals and meet the needs of women and their families in our city.
Why do people volunteer at First Place OPTIONS?
- They see the validity in supporting and assisting woman who are facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- They are aware of the importance of making First Place OPTIONS better known in the city of Ottawa.
- They are looking for a dynamic team environment in which to volunteer their time.
- They have talents and strengths that are beneficial to furthering the mission of First Place OPTIONS.
- They need volunteer hours.
As a team member you can help us by
- Becoming a Volunteer Peer Support Worker (Post Abortion Support, Adoptive Birth Mother Support or Pregnancy Support)
- Help plan fundraising events, meetings, and other special events
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Organize Clothing Cupboard and Diaper Bags
The Volunteer Process is:
- Connect with First Place OPTIONS to share your interest & contact info.
- Set up a meeting with our Volunteer Coordinator.
- Meet with our Volunteer Coordinator to see if First Place OPTIONS is the right fit for you.
- Complete & Submit a volunteer application.
- Attend our Volunteer Training.
- Be mentored into your role at First Place OPTIONS.